Mojisola Alli-Macaulay is facing tough times as the Amuwo Odofin Stakeholders Consultative Forum (AOSCF) has initiated the process to recall her from the Lagos House of Assembly, OYOGist.com has gathered.
The Amuwo-Odofin constituents that she represents say she has not represented them well.
The constituents, represented by the group AOSCF, submitted a petition that’ll initiate the recall of Mojisola Alli-Macaulay as the Lagos House of Assembly member representing them to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) on Monday, November 2.
OYOGist.com recalls that Mojisola Alli-Macaulay recently came to the national limelight after a video in which she seen berating the youths of the country and called them “drug addicts” went viral.
Following the video of Mojisola calling Nigerian youths drug addicts going viral, images soon surface online showing her using covid-19 palliatives meant for her constituents as souvenirs for her birthday.
As part of the recall process, the members of the AOSCF has listed out 8 reasons for initiating the recall of Mojisola Ali-Macaulay.
According to the petition filled by the group to INEC, the eight reasons listed are:
We are stating emphatically that she does not have a constituency office as required by the law for almost two years of her four-year tenure.
- We are yet to hear or see a bill she has sponsored or supported since she assumed office. Such a bill that will add positive values to our lives and by extension, Lagosians.
- Her continuous representation of our constituency has not been in tandem with our collective aspiration as a constituency. Most of the issues bedevilling our constituency, particularly road and drainage infrastructures has not received the needed attention from the Lagos State Government.
- It is saddening that our representative used COVID-19 palliatives as souvenirs during her last birthday party. Despite the suffering that ravaged the entire nation during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- She has consistently refused to give an account of her stewardship since she assumed office.
- She has also religiously remained inaccessible since she assumed office. The few times she visited the constituency it was in company of stern military personnel.
- She has also brought global embarrassment on us during a recent plenary where she maliciously addressed Nigerian youths as drug addicts. To us, this is highly insensitive and inciting knowing fully very well that the nation is yet to recover from the destruction that pervaded the entire country.
- Summarily, leaving her to continue in representing our constituency will dash our hope of having fair share of development in Lagos State.
The petition was signed by Kingsley Nwanze, convener of AOSCF, and Gbenga Akinbinu, the group’s secretary.