According to reports reaching OYOGist.com, owing to the continuing rise in the coronavirus in the European countries, US President, Donald Trump has issued an order to suspend travels from Europe to the US.
The President said the “strong but necessary” restrictions would not include the United Kingdom. The UK has 460 cases of coronavirus.
However, a presidential proclamation that was issued thereafter clarified that the order would only affect travelers from the 26 countries in the Schengen border-free travel area.
With the new update, a handful of other European countries which includes Ireland would be unaffected.
The order would also not affect American citizens that have undergone testing and have been cleared and confirmed negative.
The decision, President Trump said, is to keep new cases from entering the country.
“To keep new cases from entering our shores, we will be suspending all travel from Europe to the United States for the next 30 days,” said President Donald Trump.
“The new rules will go into effect Friday at midnight,” President Trump added.
President Trump also said the cases would be closely monitored in order to consider a possible early reacceptance as cases improve in these countries.
Recall that Italy has quarantined over half of its population and banned a lot of events and gatherings because of the coronavirus outbreak that has continued to spread in the country.
On Wednesday, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak a global pandemic.
Earlier today, OYOGist.com reported that American actor and wife, Tom Hanks and Rita both tested positive for coronavirus in Australia.
The United States has recorded at least 1,135 confirmed cases of the coronavirus and 38 recorded deaths so far. President Trump says America has taken quick precautions to reduce the spread, otherwise, it could have been worse.
He said the European Union had “failed to take the same precautions” the US is taking to fight the virus.