Mikel Arteta has opened up on his recovery from the coronavirus – The Arsenal boss was the first high-profile case in the United Kingdom – The Premier League was postponed after Arteta tested positive a few days back Mikel Arteta has spoken up for the first time since his recovery from the coronavirus, claiming it took him three to four days to start feeling better, cited on Mirror.
The Spanish manager’s case was the first high-profile name in English football which led to the suspension of the Premier League.
The north London club shut down their Colney training facilities as players were told to self-isolate themselves. With Arteta’s recovery, the Arsenal legend has now shared his experience when he was being diagnosed with the deadly virus and confirming he is now healthy. “I’m very well now, I feel that I have recovered,” Arteta told La Sexta.
It took me three or four days to start feeling much better and with more energy, to leave the symptoms behind and now, the truth is that I feel very well.” He also explained the turn of events when he started to feel the symptoms: “Everything happened very fast. On Tuesday afternoon I was feeling so-so and I went to see the doctor but he wasn’t there.
“I got a call from the board of directors after training while I was in my car and they told me that the president of Olympiakos had tested positive and everyone that had been in uh was at risk.
I went on to tell them that I wasn’t feeling well and that we had a situation because we had lots of players that had been in contact with them [Olympiakos]. “We had a game against Manchester City the next day and obviously we couldn’t put lots of people at risk without saying anything.
“I had the test done last Wednesday and I was diagnosed on Friday, when we had to communicate it to the Premier League that I had tested positive.”