In line with the recent directive from the federal through the office of the Minister of Communications and Digital Economy mandating all service providers (Glo, Airtel, MTN and 9Mobile) to make sure that their subscribers link their National Identity Number (NIN) with their Sim cards within 2 weeks or have their Sim cards blocked, MTN has provided a simple thanks to do this without visiting their office. You’ll actually do that from the comfort of your home.
Below are the steps you would like to take:
Read also: MTN Kicks off Trial of e-SIM in Nigeria
- Open the link https://mtnonline.com/nim on your phone browser
- When the page opens, Enter your given name , surname and name (if any) within the same way you registered your Sim card.
- Input the MTN telephone number that you simply shall link together with your NIN
- Now, enter your NIN (You can dial *346# using the number you used for your National ID Card registration to see for your NIN)
- Enter your email address
- An OTP would be sent to the number, enter the OTP then click on submit.
That is all, you’d now need to await approval and linking. Just make sure that the name used is that the name that you simply used during the Sim registration.
Please share this information to other MTN users.
Follow us on Twitter: @oyogist