OYOGist.com has learned that there is a new development among the Multinational Joint Task Force (MJTF) fighting armed groups within the Nigerian borders, after President Idriss Deby declares that Chadian troops will no longer participate in military operations outside the country’s borders.
Deby stressed that Chadian troops have died for Lake Chad and the Sahel, and so there for Chadian soldiers will no longer take part in a military mission outside of Chad Republic.
Deby also said that he had warned those countries that his forces would move out of bases seized from Boko-Haram by April 22, regardless of whether their armed forces moved in or not.
Many said his remarks echoed frustration at perceived failures by major ally like Nigeria to do more in the fight against the armed groups, and came as Chadian troops ended a major offensive against Boko-Haram in the Lake Chad region.
Remember that Chadian government claimed to have killed over a thousand Boko-Haram insurgent since the Operation Bohoma Anger began.
The Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) comprised of Nigeria, Niger, Chad and Cameroon.
Nigeria army Major General Buratai had earlier said that no country will to take the glory in the fight against boko-haram armed group.