Property worth millions of naira were burned when two shops and one house were gutted by fire in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
The fire incident happened at New Council Road, Wondo, Old Gbagi, Ibadan.
According to our sources, no life was lost and the quick response by the state fire service checked the inferno from spreading further.
The cause of the fire, our source, said was a spark from the electricity that caused it.
Attempts to reach the Executive Director of the State Fire Service, Mr. OM Adewuyi proved abortive but a source confided in newsmen that the early response helped check the damage.
He said, “We were contacted around 9:05 am and the firefighters got to the scene at exactly 9:20 am. They were able to contain the fire on time. Only two shops were affected with items such as clothes and sewing machines affected.
“At Academy area of Ibadan, a residential building was razed and household items were damaged. The station was contacted at 1:53 pm. Our men got there 20minutes after and they returned to the station at 3:55 pm after ensuring that the fire had been put out”, the source said.