Reports reaching oyogist.com revealed that the management of Loatsad Promomedia Limited has explained why it Ordered the billboard at the Lekki toll gate to be switched off on Tuesday.
The company said it was based on the state governor’s curfew request.
The advert company is owned by Tinubu’s son, Seyi Tinubu.
Nigerians worldwide have been so furious over the decision to turn off the billboard, which they claimed was part of the plot to attack protesters at the Lekki toll gate.
The company said;
“When the ‘EndSars and ‘say no to police brutality’ protests started from day one, we wholly supported the movement and used all our platforms to promote the messages (I believe the promoters can verify this information) as we believed in the cause.
“On Tuesday, when the curfew was announced we heeded the governor’s warnings and didn’t want our staff in any danger, hence by 3pm our staff had been ordered to leave the site and the board was switched off based on the governor’s curfew request.
“We had no idea what was going to happen and we feel the same anguish, pain and shock at the events that unfolded and our hearts and prayers go out to the victims and families of this ungodly act.” It noted.