The Federal Government of Nigeria through the Ministry of Education has called on interested Nigerians to apply for its 2021/22 foreign scholarship programme, oyogist.com reports.
According to the Minister of Education, Mallam Adamu Adamu, the scholarship is a Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) between Nigeria and Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia China, Mexico, and South Korea.
The scholarship is both for undergraduate and for post-graduate, and applicants for the latter must have graduated with a first-class or second-class upper, while applicant for the earlier must have five distinctions on core science subjects or area of interest.
Undergraduate studies are tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia, while Postgraduate studies are tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, and South Korea.
See below for full criteria
FIELDS OF STUDY
1. Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc.; and
2. Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D.) in all fields.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2020) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have complete.
- N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
To apply for the Scholarship, https://fsbn.com.ng/applicants/auth/register/71013