OYOGist.com has learned that Bundesliga is planning to return to action with plans to play behind closed door games in May. The German Bundesliga has announced plans to resume on May 9, providing the German government allows it.
There will only be 322 people allowed in the stadiums, and teams will have to wash their own kits between games. Bundesliga bosses have signed off on a 9th of May return with orders for 25,000 tests costing £2.2m.
Bundesliga is ready to return on May 9. League officials have given the green light to a restart. Bundesliga now awaits German government approval.
Bundesliga is set to be the first european league that will be resumed amid the coronavirus pandemic — May 9th Restart!
There’s a detailed plan of how they could manage it.
Regulations for Bundesliga return:
• Max of 322 people (players, staff, media, medics) at any game.
• Temperature checks at entrance.
• No requirement for group quarantine if positive test.
• No shaking hands or team photos.
• No live press conferences.