Saturday, February 21, 2026
Home Breaking NewsPresident Trump warns Iran the whole country will be ‘blown up’ if he is assassinated

President Trump warns Iran the whole country will be ‘blown up’ if he is assassinated

by hassan
0 comments

Trump Issues Stark Warning to Iran Amid Assassination Threats

President Trump Responds to Iranian Threats Following Assassination Attempt

In a recent interview with NewNation’s Katie Pavlich, President Donald Trump issued a severe warning to Iran after Iranian state media broadcast threats against his life. The threats stem from an assassination attempt during Trump’s July 13, 2024, rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, where a gunman nearly succeeded in killing him. Iranian television ominously declared, “this time it won’t miss.”

Unwavering Retaliation: Trump’s Message to Tehran

When questioned about the threats, Trump stated, “They shouldn’t be making these threats, but I have left clear instructions: if anything happens, the entire country will face devastating consequences.” This declaration underscores the former president’s readiness to respond with overwhelming force should Iran act on its threats.

Criticism of Biden’s Response to Iranian Hostility

Trump also criticized current President Joe Biden for what he perceives as a lack of assertiveness in confronting Iran’s menacing rhetoric. “When Iran made these statements, Biden remained silent,” Trump remarked. He emphasized that any leader must defend themselves and their administration vigorously, suggesting that under his watch, any such threats would be met with decisive military action.

Historical Context: Tensions Rooted in Soleimani’s Killing

The animosity between the U.S. and Iran intensified after the January 2020 drone strike that killed Qasem Soleimani, a high-ranking general in Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps. This event has fueled ongoing hostility, with Iranian officials reportedly placing assassination bounties on Trump and other former administration figures, including ex-National Security Advisor John Bolton.

Escalating Unrest in Iran and U.S. Military Posture

Iran has been engulfed in widespread protests since late 2023, driven by economic hardship and political repression. According to a recent Reuters report, the death toll from government crackdowns has surpassed 5,000. In response to these developments, Trump declared on January 2 that the U.S. was “locked and loaded,” prepared to take military action if civilian killings persisted.

Recent Developments and Diplomatic Signals

However, in a more recent statement, Trump indicated that he had been informed the Iranian government was halting executions and civilian killings. Speaking from the Oval Office during a bill signing event, he said, “We’ve been told the violence is stopping, and there are no plans for further executions. If that changes, I will be very upset.”

Uncertain Future: Military Options Remain on the Table

During a lengthy press conference marking his second anniversary in office, Trump was asked about the possibility of military intervention. He revealed that Iran had planned to execute 837 individuals but refrained after U.S. warnings. “They decided not to proceed, but the future remains uncertain,” he said. “We will have to wait and see how the situation with Iran unfolds.”

Conclusion: Heightened Tensions Demand Vigilance

The ongoing threats and unrest highlight the fragile state of U.S.-Iran relations. With assassination attempts, mass protests, and potential military responses, the geopolitical landscape remains volatile. Observers worldwide continue to monitor developments closely, aware that any misstep could escalate into a broader conflict.

You may also like

Leave a Comment